Nothing beats the comfort and casual style of basic t-shirts in your wardrobe. You have come to the right page if you too agree with us. The soft and comfy wear is a favorite of many, no matter the age and gender. But how well do you know your t-shirts? How often do you consider knowing if there are different types of t-shirt fits and request a seller to show you the different types or the one you know is your style of fit?
So basically, t-shirts can be categorised into Slim fit and Regular fit. Of course, both these types come in sizes like every other attire – small, medium and large. However, their shapes are not identical and you can easily consider this once you start taking a closer look the next time you go t-shirt shopping.
Difference Between Slim Fit And Regular Fit T-Shirt
The questions that arise during Slim Fit Vs. Regular Fit T-Shirt debates have simple answers.
As the name suggests, slim fit t-shirts fit closely to the body. From their sleeves to the back measurements, they fit well and can look small in length and breadth.
On the other hand, a regular fit t-shirt is more straight-looking and goes straight from the armhole to the waist. It is an option that many love to wear for a more comfortable and free fit. It is perfect to be worn during exercises, casual dates, and sleeping as the loose fit of regular-fitting t-shirts makes them the ideal wear any time of the day.
Types of t-shirts to find in slim and regular fits
It is amazing to know that you can come across a wide variety of t-shirt styles in the fashion world today. They are stylish, cool, sophisticated and perfect to style up for different occasions. Each of these t-shirt styles plays a crucial role in defining an individual’s personality too. Some t-shirt styles in a slim and regular fit t-shirt fit that should definitely make way to your wardrobe include:
- Henley Y neck t-shirt: Popularly called the “hybrid t-shirt” of the basic crew and the V neck tees, the Henley t-shirts feature a button placket running deep downwards below the neckline, giving an elegant and casual look at the same time.
- Crew neck t-shirt: This is probably the t-shirt style that men have long been the most loved type. You can easily find guys rocking a crew neck t-shirt that comes with a round and circular neckline. It is a style that can be seen worn by both muscular and lean guys casually or at the gym and undoubtedly gives that classic look.
- Polo t-shirt: A t-shirt style made popular by golfers, this falls under the collared category and gives the perfect mixture of a casual and formal look at the same time. Men can wear this t-shirt either with denim and a pair of sneakers or go sophisticated with a pair of trousers and semi-formal footwear to absolutely rock the look.
How to Style or Wear a Slim Fit T-shirt and a Regular Fit T-shirt?
T-shirts are versatile and can be paired with almost every type of bottom wear when done correctly. Of course, this doesn’t mean you should try and wear a t-shirt to every occasion or so just because you look good in them. But yes, you can choose to wear the basics every day at home or work. Some of the coolest ways to wear a slim fit t-shirt are:
- Denim: Every t-shirt goes well with the good old denim. Whether ripped jeans or a clean and subtle one in light shades, t-shirts are worn most commonly with jeans and the style never fails.
- Trousers: Unlike denim, it may not be every person’s cup of tea to pull off a “t-shirt with trousers” look, but this definitely falls under one unique fashion. It is one of the most loved styles by many celebrity heartthrobs including Ranbir Kapoor, Siddharth Malhotra and even David Beckham.
- Suit: Oh yes! This is as pleasing to the eyes as it sounds! Rocking the t-shirt in a suit look is what most of us have been seeing celebrities (or superheroes) like Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr pull off amazingly! They are stylish, cool and an absolutely eye-turning fashion.
- Shorts: Isn’t it difficult to look effortlessly stylish during summers with the scorching heat? Well, your wardrobe demands you to wear t-shirts during this weather and you can perfectly pair it up with a pair of cool denim or khaki shorts. This look offers a naturally relaxed fit while keeping you comfortable and stylish.
There’s never really a hard-and-fast rule to wear a type of fit. It is one’s personal choice. And with t-shirts being one of the most versatile forms of clothing, they can be styled up effortlessly into some comfortable and stylish looks.